dr. G. (Ganna) RozhnovaAssistant Professor
- Department of Epidemiology
Ganna Rozhnova was awarded a PhD fellowship from The Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology in December 2006 to study Statistical Physics at the University of Lisbon. On the completion of her degree in November 2010, she was awarded a postdoctoral research fellowship from the same foundation which she held at the University of Manchester. In Lisbon and in Manchester she worked in The Physics of Biological Systems Research Group (Ana Nunes) and The Complex Systems and Statistical Physics Group (Alan McKane).
Prior to joining the UMC Utrecht, she was also a visitor in Statistical Physics and Quantitative Biology research group at the University of Cologne (Michael Lassig); Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco (Igor Rouzine and Leor Weinberger); Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University (Bryan Grenfell); Department of Zoology, University of Oxford (Jessica Metcalf); Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara (Luca Peliti).
Her current and previous research revolve around the understanding of spatio-temporal dynamics and evolution of infectious diseases. During her research career she has worked on various aspects of the modelling of childhood infections, HIV and influenza on a whole range of theoretical to applied questions.
- Institute of Physics (IOP);
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
- Physics & Math: Physical Review Letters, Physical Review E, Europhysics Letters, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Journal of Engineering Mathematics, Physica Scripta;
- Biology: Ecology Letters, Journal of Theoretical Biology, PLOS journals, Vaccine, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering;
- Conferences: International Multi-Conference on Complexity, Informatics and Cybernetics (IMCIC), International Symposium on Integrating Research, Education, and Problem Solving (IREPS), etc.
Fellowship and Awards
- “Stochastic metapopulation models for infection dynamics and viral evolution”. €80k. 2010-2013. Affiliation: University of Manchester & University of Lisbon. Funding Agency: Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology. Contract No. SFRH/BPD/69137/2010.
- “The physics of populations: the role of the contact network in the competition of species and in the propagation of diseases”. €12.5k. 2007-2011. Affiliation: University of Lisbon. Funding Agency: Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. Program “Stimulus for Research" 2007.
- “Spatio-temporal patterns on complex networks: the role of the structure of the interaction network”. €60k. 2006-2010. Affiliation: University of Lisbon. Funding Agency: Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology. Contract No. SFRH/BD/32164/2006.
Scholarships and awards:
- Merit Scholarship. 2000-2004. V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Gold Medal “For a Marked Progress in Studies". 2000. Yenakieve Secondary School No. 8, Donetsk, Ukraine.
Research Output (17)
Impact of sexual trajectories of men who have sex with men on the reduction in HIV transmission by pre-exposure prophylaxis
Rozhnova Ganna, Heijne Janneke C.M., Basten Maartje, den Daas Chantal, Matser Amy, Kretzschmar Mirjam 1 sep 2019, In: Epidemics. 28 9 p.
Elimination prospects of the Dutch HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men in the era of preexposure prophylaxis
Rozhnova Ganna, Heijne Janneke, Bezemer Daniela, van Sighem Ard, Presanis Anne, De Angelis Daniela, Kretzschmar Mirjam 13 nov 2018, In: AIDS. 32 , p. 2615-2623 9 p.
Rouzine Igor M., Rozhnova Ganna 1 sep 2018, In: PLoS Pathogens. 14
Rozhnova G, Anastasaki Marilena, Kretzschmar MEE 2018, In: Infectious Disease Modelling. 3 , p. 160-170
Impact of Heterogeneity in Sexual Behavior on Effectiveness in Reducing HIV Transmission with Test-and-Treat Strategy
Rozhnova Ganna, van der Loeff Maarten F Schim, Heijne Janneke C M, Kretzschmar Mirjam aug 2016, In: PLoS Computational Biology. 12
Conflicting Selection Pressures Will Constrain Viral Escape from Interfering Particles:Principles for Designing Resistance-Proof Antivirals
Rast Luke I., Rouzine Igor M., Rozhnova Ganna, Bishop Lisa, Weinberger Ariel D., Weinberger Leor S. mei 2016, In: PLoS Computational Biology. 12
Rozhnova G., Nunes A., McKane A. J. 1 jan 2014, In: Ecological Complexity. 19 , p. 124-129 6 p.
Rozhnova Ganna, Metcalf C Jessica E, Grenfell Bryan T 6 nov 2013, In: Journal of the Royal Society Interface. 10 , p. 20130643
Rozhnova Ganna, Nunes Ana 7 nov 2012, In: Journal of the Royal Society Interface. 9 , p. 2959-70 12 p.
Rozhnova G., Nunes A., McKane A. J. 22 mei 2012, In: Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. 85